Monday, April 18, 2016

Life Happens, and then we blog about it...

by M. J. Joachim



Sometimes we get in a bit of a funk, and there's not much we can do about it. We're restless when we sleep, our minds are going 100+ miles an hours and we feel like there's always way too much to do. What can I say? It happens to the best of us, and my encouragement to you is to be okay with these times, knowing they will pass.

I also want to remind you to treat yourself with respect and dignity, because if you don't, you can't expect others to. Remember that saying, do unto others as you would have them do unto you? There's a second saying that often gets forgotten, do unto yourself as you would have others do unto you. That's not to say you should go overboard and act like you're God's gift to the world. It is to say you don't need to allow yourself to be treated poorly by others. You're the one who sets your boundaries, so if you're having trouble living with something, move the boundary, blow up the scene (figuratively, of course), and decide how you want to be treated by others. No one has a right to make you feel bad about yourself, so don't let them.

I was going to go into a bit of a rant about how tech savvy I'm not, but then I erased all that, because who wants to read some madness about getting photos off the phone and onto the desktop, to free up memory space on the phone so it works properly? Suffice to say, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. All I had to do was plug in the usb cord to both my phone and computer, and copy the photos into a file. Ah technology! I looked up a few apps for this, but they seemed more confusing than plugging in the cord, and some of their reviews were rather scary.

I'm currently reading a neat book. I've done reviews for this author before, and after reading and reviewing so many with poor editing lately, I wanted to play it safe. Besides, I've had this book in the pile for quite a while now, so it was definitely due to be read. I'm about half way through it, and once again, I'm learning a bit about technology, as I email book docs from my computer to tablet, so I can read them on there.

Time for The Voice - we get to see who's in the Top 12 tonight. I love the music and thoroughly enjoy watching people grow and succeed, especially when they are really good at what they do.

Thanks for stopping by. Wishing you only good things,

M. J.

©2016 All Rights Reserved
Photo credit:  Shared post from Facebook